Thursday, June 30, 2005

I want my LOGO™!

MTV has launched a new basic cable channel called Logo. Its purpose is to give "Gay America a home on television where we can go to see ourselves."

My cable provider is listed as one of the ones that carry it(!), but I can't find it, the cable company's online channel guide doesn't include it, and my TiVo don't know nuthin' 'bout no new channel. I want my Gay MTV! (Duh, as if "Gay MTV" weren't already redundant.)

However, I have the inimitable joy of watching Graham Norton on BBC America.

Without Graham Norton (and Alan Cumming and Jon Stewart and Randi Rhodes), Life Itself wouldn't quite be impossible, but it would certainly be a lot less fun.

But while you're at it, don't stop at just those four. Leave room for Y'all (not yet on iTunes) and the Asylum Street Spankers (iTunes) and Pansy Division (iTunes) and Robert Reich's Reason and Fareed Zakaria! These are things that give me hope for the future of America. These are not coïncidentally things that the radical conservatives can't stand and will ferociously marginalize if they can't ban them outright. That's about the territory I want this blog to inhabit.