Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Coping with TiVo guilt

My tv is off for the night, but yet I can see the little red light on the front panel of my TiVo®. I know it's recording something. I'm reasonably sure it's not an infomercial, even though it's almost 2:30 a.m., because the cable box is on PBS.

Day after day, my TiVo sits there and records nuggets of goodness and wisdom from across the great spectrum of programming known as digital cable. Some days, I can't even keep up. When will I ever find the time to sit down with Tim Russert for week-before-last's Meet the Press? Can I bear to part with an as-yet-unviewed Prime Minister's Question Time to make room for a fresh Foreign Exchange with Fareed Zakaria? Is This Week really more important than DeGrassi?

I'm hoping that maybe PBS or Oprah or TLC (but not Dr. Phil) will do a show about coping with TiVo guilt. I'll be sure to TiVo it. Heck, I might even watch it some day.