Monday, November 07, 2005

Let's face it, I talk a lot

Reading my blog is a bit like drinking Lake Tahoe: just when you think you're almost caught up, there's another eight metres of snow pack melting off my TiVo.

However, there's something you can do to make your Third Path experience much more enjoyable. This web site is equipped with an RSS feed. That means that, depending which browser you use, you may see some sort of symbol like or which allows you to create a special bookmark for The Third Path. (You might also be able to go to this URL: feed://lincmad.blogspot.com/atom.xml or the same with http instead of feed. Note that the feed version may open a different program from your regular web browser.) Instead of just bringing up my very latest article, this method will bring up a list of the headlines of several of my recent articles in chronological order. The list may appear in a popdown menu from the bookmark, or it might come up on a page of its own with the first couple of lines of each article after the headline.

That way, if you're interested in Harriet Miers but not in San Francisco fire hydrants, or vice-versa, you can select the articles you most want to read — because, honestly, I'm brilliant and you need me. I may not be Trustigious [reference to The Colbert Réport] yet, but I'm workin' hard on being Trustagious.

Also, if you learn how to use the RSS feed for The Third Path, you can go on to many other RSS feeds, from NPR to the Britney Spears toolbar.

[Editor's note: this article is postdated so that it will remain at the top of the current articles for a few days, to give you a chance to figure out how to use RSS.]