Tuesday, January 10, 2006

MacWorld Blogger Lunch

Remember the scene in The Wizard of Oz where the man behind the curtain talks about "hobnobbing with my fellow wizards"? Well, today I rubbed elbows with a few of my fellow bloggers. I had a bit of an adventure finding them, because I think there may have been two different MacWorld Blogger Lunches today. After not finding the 11:30 A.M. crowd, I wandered off in search of a terminal so I could google the details again. I found the information about the 12:30 P.M. seating and then went to get food before I collapsed of hunger. I found some (self-described) annoyingly cheerful people, some people from companies like Blogger itself (finding new and better ways to make it easy for people like me to blather endlessly) and Laughing Squid (underground art / culture / web hosting), and several people who forgot to bring business cards. We talked, we laughed, we didn't cry but I'll pretend we did, we schmoozed. But then, all too soon, our clique began to dissolve, to wander off by ones and twos and threes, to other meetings, to the Expo floor, or, in my case, off to Kaiser Permanente to find out how my cholesterol is doing.